27 June, 2005

Land of the Dead - Some Brief Notes

Seven observations about Land of the Dead.

1. Dennis Hopper is awesome - zombies creep him out.
2. It frustrates me that dead creatures are perceived to be capable of evolving (i.e. get smarter).
3. A new aspect has officially arrived on the scene in zombie movies - humor. Thank God for a modern audience who requires more than mere gore to be entertained.
4. Once again - this movie proves that no matter how safe you feel in a city, if there's zombies around you're not. Get the crap out even if you're rich.
5. An armed society is a safe society - if the people in the building would have all had guns the zombies, as opposed to the humans, would have been overrun.
6. IF ZOMBIES ATTACK NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER....NEVER BE ALONE FOR ANY REASON WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!!!
7. Last, but most certainly not least - Operarate only in the daytime. Night time is for defensive perimeters. Daytime is when we have our advantage over zombies - EYES THAT ARE NOT ROTTING. Please people....attempt to use all 5 senses - don't sacrifice perhaps your most important sense in surviving a zombie attack for the sake of distracting zombies with fireworks! That's just ludicrous.

Aight....those are the important observations that I got. Obviously there's more...they just aren't very important.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Humor has always been a part of Zombie movies, just look Dawn of the Dead or Evil Dead. I expect a little more from a zombie expert such as yourself.

3:54 PM, June 30, 2005  
Blogger wheelz said...

Charles - I assume you're referring to the new Dawn of the Dead there cause the original....pretty questionable. Alas, I was referring to Romero zombie films. Obviously there was is humor in all the new ones (take the resident evil's for instance). I could have been more clear there, but there's my clarification.

11:20 PM, June 30, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, we have different definitions of humor. I was most certainly refering to the Romero movies. The man included a "pie in the face" scene in Dawn of the Dead. Oh well, to each his own

4:43 PM, July 01, 2005  
Blogger wheelz said...

Charles - I won't deny attempted humor in the earlier Romero films. In Day of the Dead I assume the crazy soldier guys were meant for comic relief as well. But they certainly failed in that respect. I don't mind if you found his earlier stuff funny - I'm sure it made the experience better for you. I'm just speaking of my view of the attempted humor. The important parts of my post were the survival aspects.

11:11 PM, July 01, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home